About OpenSky Corporation
OpenSky Corporation offers one of the most advanced and integrated portfolios of security solutions and services for connected devices, platforms and Internet of Things (IoT) with the mission to enable a secure and safe digital future. With headquarters in Littleton, MA, OpenSky is a 100% subsidiary of TÜV Rheinland, operating some of the world’s broadest smart device and IoT testing labs, defining industry standards for functional safety and security and is a leading provider of inspection and assurance services that combine safety, quality and security certifications.
OpenSky provides expertise to help corporations protect information assets, minimize risk and accelerate the adoption of enabling technologies with its holistic approach and framework that addresses Cyber Security, Privacy, Cloud Infrastructure and Functional Safety requirements to build trusted, connected platforms. The portfolio of services supported by industry participation in defining such standards and research, enables clients to effectively stay at the forefront of adopting new technologies for managing safety and cyber risks. It provides advisory, consulting, systems integration and managed security services organized across three core disciplines for connected platforms:
- Advanced Cyber Defenses;
- Mastering Risk and Compliance and
- Secure Cloud Adoption.
OpenSky was founded in 2007 and was acquired by TÜV Rheinland Group in 2014 to expand and drive synergies within both companies to address the growing cyber security concerns across functional safety, inspection and assurance services (certification) as the world embraces digitization.
For more information about OpenSky, please visit
About TÜV Rheinland
TÜV Rheinland is a global leader in independent inspection services, founded more than 140 years ago. The group maintains a worldwide presence with 20,000 employees and annual turnover of over EUR 1.9 billion. For more than 15 years, TÜV Rheinland has been supporting the private and public sectors with comprehensive consulting and professional services expertise in IT, cyber security and telecommunications through strategic consulting, design, digital transformation and process optimization solutions.
For more information about TÜV Rheinland, please visit
About the opportunity
OpenSky is revolutionizing the way companies detect and respond to cyber security incidents. We utilize a risk-based approach, combined with cloud-native security analytics and machine learning technologies to reduce the time it takes to detect and contain incidents. We have an opportunity for a solution architect to work with our sales teams to advise customers about our detection and response security solutions. The Managed Threat Detection Solutions Architect will develop and recommend managed security solutions and at the same time develop a business relationship enabling the customer to enhance their overall security. The candidate will perform a variety of tasks including OpenSky portfolio overviews, client presentations and demonstrations, Proof of Concepts (POC), solution design, proposal development, RFP and pursuit leadership for advanced service evaluations.
- Articulate the benefits of OpenSky managed threat detection security solutions for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Understanding our client's security needs and translating them into high-value solutions.
- Understanding of security strategy and where the solutions fit within an organization to meet the client business requirements
- Strong technical capabilities and business acumen with the ability to articulate value proposition, map business drivers to solutions and communicate how OpenSky solves client challenges.
- Work on proposals, RFP, RFI by owning the managed threat detection solution design. This includes selecting the proper services and technology components, consulting capabilities, and ensuring proper alignment of solution stakeholders.
- Lead technical pursuit teams in engagements within OpenSky's managed threat detection services.
- Presenting security services concepts and solutions to prospects, clients and their partners
- Develop pre-sales skill sets to meet current and emerging sales opportunity needs.
- Participate in sales leadership meeting to advise on solution pursuit strategy.
- Work with the Advanced Threat Center of Excellence (COE) to identify new offers and provide feedback about existing services.
- Providing technical leadership in sales presentations, identification of the appropriate solutions for customers across OpenSky's managed threat detection portfolio.
- Identification and development of sales and service opportunities
- Act as a thought leader participating with, and contributing to the security community through publication of articles or presentation of research or innovative concepts at industry conferences or interest groups
- Maintain industry leading knowledge of the threat detection and response industry and vendor's products utilized in OpenSky's managed services
- Bachelor or master university degree or equivalent
- Several years of pre-sales experience in managed security services
- Excellent consultative solution selling skills and an ability to understand and articulate both the business benefits (value proposition) and technical advantages of OpenSky security solutions.
- Project and pursuit management experience a plus, time management essential.
- IT Security background with IT and Security architecture experience
- Broad security knowledge and practical experience of designing risk-oriented security solutions for clients.
- Experience with high level designs associated with the wide variety of vendor platforms supported by Managed Security Service Providers.
- Knowledge of cybersecurity in several of the following areas: security architectures, network security, security monitoring (SIEM, Analytics), endpoint protection, vulnerability management, identity & access management; security assessments/testing, firewalls, IDS/IPS, endpoint protection, and security and privacy regulations.
- Understand and be conversant about security products, vendors and competitors
- Understanding of IT Service Management and service focused positioning of security solutions.
- Good blend of business/commercial, sales and technical skills combined with a consultative mindset
- Excellent team player easily forming strong and extended networks with good communication skills and comfortable communicating at all levels up to CxO and Board
- Project and bid management experience a plus, time management essential.
- Self-starter who is pro-active, creative, with lots of initiative and a positive, enthusiastic, can-do attitude
- Comfortable and confident with both sales and delivery activities
- Security, IT and/or vendor certifications e.g. CISSP, ITIL, CSIM, ...
- Excellent communication skills – listening as well as oral and written communication with technician to executive level is a must.
- Excellent presentation and influence skills – listening as well as presentation development and delivery to technician to executive level is a must.